Figure out where you are (3)

Alex Zuniga blog

First and foremost, be honest with yourself. No matter what kind of person you have been up to now, accept this person with all the limitations. Now look at what it is that you must overcome. Do you have an addiction? Have you made a serious mistake? Do you accept what other people say about you? Are you a worrywart? If you can identify with one or all of the above - welcome to the club! A club of billions of people on this planet who are not aware that they are able to control their own destiny.

A famous North American author teaches us that 10% of life is made up of what happens to us, and 90% of life is decided by how we react. This means that while we have no control over 10% of what happens to us, the other 90% are determined by our reaction.

Were your mistakes too terrible to even mention? Well, then you must have created a new mistake that nobody has ever made before. Don’t worry, even if that were the case, people will forget because they are too concerned with their own problems to worry about yours. You are the only person who is bringing bad memory back to life repeatedly by giving it thought. It is your decision, and yours alone to decide if that event that causes you so much pain will live or die. 

People’s opinions of others can sometimes be cruel, but that is only their own perspective. They cannot possibly know you or understand you, they are imprisoned in their own reality. Leave them alone to think whatever they wish.

For the purpose of what you are reading now, you are the only person who counts. Bring all your bad memories and experiences up front, face them, and then kick them out.